Hitting the live stage once again with our inimitable verve and vigour, and harnessing the deep vitality of rhythm and pulse, our 2022 Season celebrates the very essence of living new music with captivating performances
throughout Sydney, regional NSW and Australia.
Our jam-packed season of live performances kicks off with highlights including a Sydney Festival show at City Recital Hall (launching next Wed 17 Nov) followed by our intimate and unique series Avant Gardens (February 13, February 27 & March 12), once again inviting you into our very own backyards for a truly wholesome new music experience. Then, our iconic annual smorgasbord of musical fun returns to The Great Club (Marrickville) in Sizzle | Beat (April 10), this year celebrating percussion in all its rhythmic glory.
Another Future (June 4 & 5) presents natural disasters, climate change and pandemics as
fuel for artistic expression and musical interaction at Casula Powerhouse with two Noisy Women commissions and more. Time as Revelator (July 16) at Carriageworks, celebrates the power of the beat and the passage of time, plus a tribute to the 100th anniversary of Iannis Xenakis’s birth. A fresh new collaboration between Ensemble Offspring and Taikoz is brought to life in Coming Together, presenting recently deceased Frederic Rzewki’s profound settings of texts by Melville – one person’s pain, suffering and fight becoming another’s.
Hatched Summer School hits the CORRIDOR Project Cowra, Eric Avery joins us as First Nations Composer in Residence, flute player Eliza Shephard is our Hatched Associate Artist and we present both our 2021 and 2022 Ngarra-Burria concerts at the ABC Centre, Ultimo. So much live music to look forward to!
In these challenging times when we have been apart for so long, what better way to celebrate the life force of music and art than living new music making – Ensemble Offspring style with its VERVE, VIGOUR & VITALITY – binding us together in shared energies, musings and thoughts.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
• SYDNEY FESTIVAL | JANUARY TBC (CITY RECITAL HALL)
• SONGBIRDS | FEB 9 (MELBOURNE RECITAL CENTRE)
• AVANT GARDENS: VERVE | FEB 13 | SPEL | FEB 27 | SONG & DANCE | MAR 12
• RHYTHMS OF CHANGE | MARCH 8 (MELBOURNE RECITAL CENTRE)
• YOUNG AT HEART | MAR 26 (BOWRAL AUTUMN MUSIC FESTIVAL)
• NGARRA-BURRIA 2021 CONCERT | MAR 31 (ABC ULTIMO)
• SIZZLE | BEAT | APR 10 (THE GREAT CLUB)
• SONGBIRDS | APR 23 (BLACKHEATH CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL)
• WARREN CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL Education Week | MAY 4, 6 & 7
• ANOTHER FUTURE | JUNE 4 & 5 (CASULA POWERHOUSE ARTS CENTRE)
• TIME AS REVELATOR | JUL 16 (CARRIAGEWORKS)
• FOUR WINDS RESIDENCY (presenting SONGBIRDS and MICROPARKS) | JULY 18 – 24
• COMING TOGETHER | JUL 30 (BLUE MOUNTAINS THEATRE) & AUG 5&6 (SEYMOUR CENTRE)
• BLUE SILENCE | SEP 16 (HUME CHAMBER FESTIVAL)
• WAAPA RESIDENCY: RHYTHMS OF CHANGE | OCT 12 | TIME AS REVELATOR | OCT 14
• NOSFERATU | OCT 15 (THE RECHABITE, PERTH)
• HATCHED SUMMER SCHOOL CONCERT | NOV 12 (SYDNEY CONSERVATORIUM)
• NGARRA-BURRIA 2022 CONCERT | NOV 23 (ABC ULTIMO)
Several of these shows will be streamed on our Offspring for All platform and more programs will be released very soon!
All 2022 season image designs by Robert Doble, except the Ngarra-Burria image by Lucy Simpson and Coming Together image provided by Taikoz.